Landlords Rights & Restrictions
As a landlord, you are in a unique position of holding power over your
building while remaining beholden to your tenants. In opening your property
to the public, you are agreeing to uphold the basic standard of care required
by landlords. This primarily means ensuring that the rented property is
safe and reasonably comfortable for the tenants.
Landlord Responsibilities in Oregon Include:
- Providing access to basic amenities
- Making important repairs
- Providing tenants with written lease/rental agreements
- Providing tenants with a written disclosure of policies
- Adhering to state rules regarding rent regulations
- Adhering to non-discrimination policies
- Ensuring rental properties are reasonably safe from hazards
- Maintaining functional door and window locks
Your ability to exercise your rights as a landlord depends on your adherence
to these and other regulations. If you are considering evicting a tenant
or making a major change to the property, it is in your best interests
to consult with an experienced Hillsboro landlord-tenant attorney beforehand
to ensure your actions can be defended in court.
At Cornerstone Law Group, we can guide you through all major landlord decisions.
Call us today at (503) 461-5005.