What Are Landlords Rights & Restrictions?
As a landlord, you are in a unique position of holding power over your
building while remaining beholden to your tenants. In opening your property
to the public, you are agreeing to uphold the basic standard of care required by
landlords. This primarily means ensuring that the rented property is safe and reasonably
comfortable for the tenants.
What Are a Landlord’s Responsibilities in Oregon?
- Providing access to basic amenities
- Making important repairs
- Providing tenants with written lease/rental agreements
- Providing tenants with a written disclosure of policies
- Adhering to state rules regarding rent regulations
- Adhering to non-discrimination policies
- Ensuring rental properties are reasonably safe from hazards
- Maintaining functional door and window locks
How We Can Help
Your ability to exercise your rights as a landlord depends on your adherence
to these and other regulations. If you are considering evicting a tenant
or making a major change to the
it is in your best interests to consult with an experienced Hillsboro landlord-tenant
attorney beforehand to ensure your actions can be defended in court.
At Cornerstone Law Group, we can guide you through all major landlord decisions.
Call us today at (503) 461-5005.